Modifications or renovation of existing structures can be a challenge in the absence of 3D models or 2D drawings (From which 3D models can be created). However, the issues can be effectively addressed by using the scan to BIM process. Under the ambit of point cloud services, the experts at Ivan Dimensions can convert point cloud data (generated by Laser scans of the building) into information-rich three-dimensional models through the use of different software platforms.
The input files are generally received from the client and are laser-generated scans of existing facilities. The input scan files thus received are either in .rcp or .rcs format.
The process of generating a 3D model from the input passes through several steps. The detailed workflow of our point cloud service is given below
Step 1- Scan files of the existing building, 360 degree view and real-time images of the facility are received as input from the client.
Step 2- Based on the point cloud scan file and other inputs received from the client, we, a leading scan to BIM service provider, with the help of our experts generate a 3D model of the building.
Step 3- The 3D model thus generated is further worked upon by our experts to carry out restoration, refurbishment, or expansion of old and frayed buildings.
There can be occasions when an old and frayed building needs to be refurbished, expanded, or restored. However, it might so happen that there are no existing 2D or 3D models of the building. Under these circumstances, our point cloud service can come to your aid by converting laser- generated scans of your buildings into 3D models.
The 3D models of the projects made by using scan-to-BIM can be used for-
1. As-built documentation
2. Additions and project renovations
3. Facility management
4. Comparison against original plan
5. Topographic registration
Some of the benefits that can be achieved from scan-to-BIM workflow are as follows-
1. For buildings not having existing design and structural documents, scan-to-BIM can result in fewer errors in making plans for extension or renovation.
2. By offering the ability to compare the project process with the plan at every stage, quality assurance is provided by the scan-to-BIM process.
3. By eliminating the need for frequent site visits, it can help save time.
4. A scan-to-BIM workflow can be of immense value while starting a new construction project in a challenging or sensitive location near to a pre-existing building.
5. By creating a 3D model of existing projects, it can be analyzed through BIM for improving the efficiency of the building facilities
Based on your requirement for level of detail, we offer files ranging from LOD 100 to LOD 300.